Dear Parents / Guardians
Work on the oval has begun!
As we near the end of the 2015 school year, we couldn’t have asked for a better way to see the progress made this year. The fencing is up, the digger is in and the children are excited to see the start of this project. The grass will be much greener when we return in 2016.
On behalf of our whole school community, I would like to wish the following teachers all the very best as they take up new roles/schools in 2016.
- Scott Clode accepted a substantive Assistant Principal position at Hillsmeade PS
- Kelly Utting has accepted an Acting Principal role for Term 1 at Garfield PS
- Bret Mottrom has been appointed as the Assistant Principal at Bayswater South PS
- Clint Sezney has a two year contract teaching at Springvale Park Special Development School
- Nick Sugrue has accepted a family leave position at Penders Grove PS (where he was this year)
- Rob Kay has a one year teaching position at Berwick Chase PS
- Kathy Symons and Bruce Kersey is heading off to enjoy retirement
- Brooke Begovic has a teaching position at Oatlands PS
- Kathy Hengel, Jolene Hazel, Sarah Jeffs, Steve Crook, James Corkill and Michelle Spellman have finished their contracts with Hillsmeade
- Deman Wang (Chinese exchange teacher) heads back home on Sunday 20th. We have valued Deman’s contribution to our new Mandarin program
- Kate Crilly from Out of School Hours Care starts her teaching career at Pakenham Consolidated PS.
Finally, Loretta & Tony, our cleaners for the past 12+ years are hanging up their brooms and mops and have decided to head off to enjoy retirement. We wish them both all the very best and hope they both find the time to relax and travel.
I recently received a letter from the Berwick RSL to thank Hillsmeade for the $107.45 raised in support of the Remembrance Day Appeal. The author wrote, ‘It is pleasing to know that the past efforts and sacrifices of our veterans continue to be recognised by the younger members of our community’.
The grade 6 children had their graduation on Monday evening celebrating their end of primary schooling at Hillsmeade. Today they are off to Geelong for their Big Day Out. A final assembly on Friday 1.45pm will see the whole school community farewell them for the last time. Good luck to the boys and girls as they go to their secondary school.
Don’t forget to come along to the Twilight Christmas Carols tomorrow evening. The children have been practising and will love to show you their singing talent.
Wishing all of our Hillsmeade community a safe, happy and relaxing holiday. We look forward to working with you all in 2016.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year