Dear Parents / Guardians
Welcome to term 2, an eleven week, busy term filled with lots of explicit teaching and learning, student assessment (including NAPLAN for grade 3 & 5 children) and reporting, excursions, incursions, sporting activities and fundraising events. I encourage all parents/guardians to check the events list on this page and keep an eye on the letters coming home from the children. Our website also has a calendar for you to look at. If you register to subscribe on the website, you will automatically receive email notification of changes.
In the last week of term 1 and over the holidays there have been some staffing changes:
- Sharon Whiting’s last day was Friday 8th March and she spent time over the break ensuring everything was ready for our new Business Manager, Julie Hale.
- Di Leeming (Office Administration) has finished work at Hillsmeade PS after 11 years in both the office and working as an Integration Aide.
- Four Integration Aide staff members have been contracted until the end of the 2016 school year. Please welcome Michelle Spellman, Louise Chaplin, Belinda Lane and Cheryl Zubcic to our school. These experienced and/or Certificate III qualified staff members will be providing support for children through our PSDMS program. Integration Aides already on staff will be working with the Grade 1 classes.
- We have been fortunate to recruit Karen Kenny, an experienced office administrator, currently working at Timbarra Prep-9 to join our office team. Karen will start on Monday 2nd May.
Easter Egg Hunt
After the assembly on the last day of term 1, the HFC organised a huge Easter Egg Hunt for children with eggs donated by LJ Hooker. Many of us on staff thought this would be a difficult event to manage, however we were very excited and pleased to see the children having so much fun collecting their eggs off our new sporting field. Thank you to all volunteer parents and community members who helped with this hunt. I believe our HFC President, Inez Crowe is already planning next year’s event to be bigger and better.
Yesterday we received notification that our enrolment data will be audited for this year. On Census Day we provided information to the department that we had 903 students enrolled at the school. An audit confirms our attendance records for all children and determines whether funding received correlates to the number of children regularly attending school. It is therefore vital for students to be at school to secure the funding which we use to operate the school.
Deborah on Leave
I will be taking three weeks long service leave from 9th—27th May to travel to South Africa. Mrs Jodie Bray will be acting as principal during this time with additional leadership support from Mrs Mandy Ryan. The school will be in very capable hands.
Have a great week and it’s fantastic to be back into the routine of coming to school.
Latest posts by Deborah Harry (see all)
- Mothers Day, Welcome Karen, Camps & more - May 4, 2016
- School Captains, Annual Report, Car Boot Sale & Pyjama Day - April 20, 2016
- Term 2 Welcome - April 13, 2016