Notices for 2018 fees and book packs were sent home with children last week, and posted directly to parents of children starting at Hillsmeade next year. This post contains all the details and the Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) about Book Packs and Payments.
School Fees for 2018
Charges for 2018 were set at the last School Council meeting:
|Essential Items Charge||$170|
We sent home this DET diagram on parent payments with the invoices to explain the what these fees mean:
- Essential Items are the parent contribution for essential learning items and other curriculum resources. You will need to pay these fees to receive your child’s book pack.
- Voluntary Charges are non-compulsory, and are used to improve the school for all children, such as playground equipment, library books, etc.
Fees are payable when collecting book packs.
Book packs will be available for collection from Monday December 4. They are available for payment/collection every school day through to the end of term (December 22). Additionally, the school office will be open later for working parents on two days in December:
- Until 6pm on Monday December 4
- Until 8pm on Wednesday December 6
We will also be open on January 24 (during the school holidays) for book pack sales.
The school requires that parents collect book packs and take them home for labelling and then bring them back on day 1 of term 1, 2018 (Tuesday January 30). This is so that students are 100% ready to start learning on day 1 of term, rather than spending valuable class time collecting, organising & labelling stationery.
Students in Prep and Grade 1 share all their pens & pencils, so you won’t need to label those — you should label their exercise books and reading journals. Students Grades 2 to 6 should have all their items labelled, they don’t share book pack stationery.
You will need to pay at least the Essential Items fee ($170) in order to collect your book pack.
There is a custom book pack for each grade level — these were determined by the grade leaders so that students have the right resources for learning in 2018.
Frequently Asked Questions
- I didn’t receive a notice about fees or book packs.
They were sent home with current students on November 23-24, so check your child’s school bag. If you don’t have one you can come to the office to get a family statement.
- What payment methods are available?
Cash, cheque and cards at the school office. Eligible parents can use CentrePay — forms available at the office.
- Can I use Qkr?
No. We normally try and use Qkr for all payments, however we need parents to pick up book packs. We have found that with Qkr available for Essential Items parents will pay at home on their phone and then forget to pick up book packs.
Additionally, there is a delay between a Qkr payment and when the school receives the notification of payment, and it can be difficult to determine whether a parent has already paid by Qkr when they’re standing at the counter.
- Can I use CentrePay?
Yes! Parents eligible for CentrePay can complete a CentrePay form at the office, and when it is lodged with us they will receive their book packs.
- Can you just send my child’s books to their classroom?
No. All items should be labelled with the child’s name, and we ask parents to do this over the summer. That way all students can be 100% ready to start learning on Day 1 of teaching in 2018. (Tuesday January 30.)
- Are there discounts for families with multiple children?
The Essential Items charge was set by council at $170 for all children with no sibling discounts.
- Can I use a payment plan?
We support payment plans through CentrePay. (See above).
- Is it cheaper to buy my child’s stationery myself?
No, we purchase nearly 900 book packs in bulk and get significant savings as a result.
- Do I need to label everything with my child’s name?
Prep and Grade 1 share pens, etc, so you just need to label their exercise books, folios and reading journals.
Grades 2-6 should have all of their items labelled as they don’t share book-pack stationery.
Latest posts by Stewart Johnson (see all)
- Reminder: Tomorrow is the LAST DAY for Canteen lunch orders - December 14, 2017
- Tomorrow is a Free Dress Day - December 14, 2017
- Year 2 Camp starts Tomorrow - December 13, 2017