Think Big, Dream Big
The Hillsmeade Fundraising Committee (HFC) is a group of dedicated parents whose primary purpose is to raise funds for the benefit of the school and its students. In doing so, the HFC promotes the participation of parents and friends in the life of the school generally, and in the education of children in particular. All fundraising activities are undertaken with School Council approval.
In 2015 the HFC volunteers ran the following activities:
- Easter and Christmas raffles (including the ELC);
- Sausage sizzles at school and Casey Fields sports day;
- Mothers’ and Fathers’ day stalls (including the ELC);
- An evening student disco (junior & senior);
- Weekly lunchtime sales of zooper doopers and hot chocolates; and
- A family evening at Christmas time with a concert, BBQ & cake stall.
- This year, for the first time, the following adult only activities were undertaken:
- A ‘Bogan Bingo’ evening; and
- A full day bus shopping tour (on a Saturday).
All of these activities proved to be very successful and were entirely run by our enthusiastic and dedicated group of volunteers.