Dear Parents / Guardians
Welcome to 2016 and the start of a new school year. I hope you have had a relaxing holiday enjoying family time together.
Here’s an update on what has happened over the break:
- The oval continues to be developed with the concrete spoon drains almost complete (you can see update photos here). We are hoping for the imitation grass to be installed late next week.
- Some minor damage with 3 broken windows, graffiti and a bit of rubbish (broken and empty bottles).
- Our new cleaners commenced with an extensive clean of the school and ELC. This included the installation of new toilet and paper towel dispensers.
- Our PE/Sport position has been finalised. Interviews for the Grade 6 teacher (replacing Nicole Tierney) occur this Friday.
- Some new classroom furniture has been delivered to cater for our additional grade this year.
- Painting in the administrative building has continued with the library now complete.
Start of the year information
Unfortunately due to unforeseen circumstances, the second order of our book packs was not delivered. We have been advised that these will be delivered on Thursday 28th January. Families who were unable to collect their packs on Thursday 21st January will be able to collect these next week. We sincerely apologise for this situation.
The Administrative Office will be open from Wednesday 27th January.
Starting date for children
All children return to school on Thursday 28th January. Prep parents will have received a letter from their new teacher with a starting time. Grade 1 to 6 children all commence at 9am.
Prep children do not attend schools on Wednesdays during the month of February. Individual appointments for assessments will be made by the classroom teacher.
Pupil Free Day
School Council have approved a pupil free day on Monday 15th February. Teachers and support staff will be undertaking the second VCOP Writing Framework professional learning session.
Lunch orders will commence from Monday 1st February.