Frequently Asked Questions About Term 3

Hi Families –

We’ve received a number of questions about what’s happening in Term 3:

What is happening Monday July 13 – Friday July 17?

Schools are closed to students for an extra week of holidays. There is no remote learning. Teachers will be at school during the week preparing for term 3.

I am an essential worker. I need my kids supervised.

If you are an essential worker the school is able to supervise your children. Please submit the attached form ASAP. This is for supervision 9am-3.30pm only. There will be no teaching, just supervision.

The supervision will happen in the school buildings.

Is OSHC operating?

If your child is being supervised at school OSHC is operating. If you need your child supervised before 9am and/or after 3.30pm please book in with OSHC: oshc@hillsmeade.vic.edu.au

There is no OSHC holiday program for children of non-essential workers.

Are parent-teacher interviews still happening?

No, they will be rescheduled.

What is happening after July 18? (Week 2 of term 3)

We are waiting for specific guidance from DET about week 2 onwards and will update the parent community as soon as it becomes available.

Will we be remote learning again in term 3?

Has there been COVID-19 at Hillsmeade PS?

We are not aware of any cases in our student/family community.

What should I do if I have symptoms or think I may have been in contact with COVID-19?

Free testing is available with no appointment – you should get tested immediately and please advise the school that you have been tested and your results when you receive them. Please see the attached information.

Categories: General Updates
Stewart Johnson

Stewart has been the school Business Manager since 2017. His background is in Technology and Banking, and he has 3 children at Hillsmeade.