Dear Year 6 Parents and Carers,
2020 has been a year like no other, and given the current guidance we will still be holding a virtual Year 6 Graduation. Although this is different, we are still working hard to make sure it is still a special memory. Graduation will be filmed on Monday the 14th of December and posted out on Tuesday the 15th of December at 6pm (this is to allow the content to be put together in a special graduation package).
On Monday the 14th of December Year 6 students are to come to school in their graduation attire. We will be holding the graduation ceremony with all Year 6 students and staff. This will be filmed and individual graduate photos will be taken, as well as class photos (which will be emailed out to families after the event). This footage will be put together in a graduation package and will be shared with Year 6 families on Tuesday the 15th of December at 6pm.
On Monday the 14th of December after the graduation a pizza lunch will be provided for the graduates. Students can be collected from school from 2pm if they are wanting to leave early after the event.
On Tuesday the 15th of December Year 6 students will be provided with a small gift to share as they view the Graduation package. This can be collected from the staff room window (close to the pirate ship) from 3:30pm – 5:30pm on Tuesday.
We do understand that this is not the graduation we expected for 2020, however the current guidance does not support us holding the graduation as normal given our large numbers.
We are excited to announce that the Year 6 Big Day Out will be going ahead on Thursday the 17th of December to Gumbya World. This event has been heavily subsidised to support families and student attendance.
If you have any questions in relation to this event please contact a member of the Year 6 team.
AT A GLANCE
- Monday Dec 14: Students wear graduation clothes to school, graduation is filmed (no parents). Pizzas provided for lunch. Students can be collected from 2pm.
- Tuesday Dec 15: Normal school day. Special graduation gift collected from school 3.30pm-5.30pm. Virtual Graduation film package available on Compass from 6pm.
- Wednesday Dec 16: Normal school day.
- Thursday Dec 17: Celebration at Gumbuya World 9am-5pm. (Consent and $10 payment required now.)
- Friday Dec 18: Last day of Primary School. School ends at 1.30pm, all students collected by 1.45pm.
Hillsmeade Primary School