Hillsmeade Primary School is situated in Narre Warren South, 52 kilometres south-east of Melbourne. Our motto, ‘Growing and Learning Together’, is supported by our mission ‘to provide a caring, safe and supportive learning environment for children to grow’.
Our school vision states that, ‘at Hillsmeade Primary School, we aim to continually grow and learn together by supporting individual abilities and excellence in academic achievement, celebrating diverse backgrounds and culture and becoming global citizen prepared for the needs and expectations of our ever-changing society.’ This vision reflects the opportunities and experiences offered at our school.
All 840 children are valued within a safe, supportive and stimulating school environment where each child is encouraged to reach their potential. At Hillsmeade our I RESPECT values are modelled and encouraged. We value integrity, responsibility, enthusiasm, success, persistence, encouragement, courage and team work. We also promote and encourage independence, active participation and leadership within our school and the local community. 37.7% of students speak a language other than English at home and 0.72% ATSI (Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Students). Students are provided additional enrichment opportunities including: swimming programs, camps and incursions, cross country, athletics, choir, interschool sport and electives.
Our Early Learning Centre caters for 3 and 4 year old kindergarten children and Long Day Care. Our Out of School Hours Care Program provides further community support for our families and the school has a Joint Use Agreement with the City of Casey for the use of the neighbouring sporting grounds. Parent participation on school council, as classroom helpers and in support of curriculum events, is a vital part of school life.
Over the last few years the school has significantly invested in our building and grounds using a mixture of government funding, special grants and parent/community fundraising.
How We Operate
- Curriculum: how we teach and encourage learning, and our curriculum areas.
- Timetable, Calendar and Student-Free Days: key times for each day at school
- School Uniform: what to wear
- School Portal: our main channel for communicating with parents
- Payments with Qkr: how to pay for OSHC and ELC.
- The Link: our weekly newsletter home to parents
- This website and Social Media: how we share public information and reminders
- Contact Us: how to contact the school
- Camps & Excursions: our main camps, incursions and excursions, including information on permissions and government funding
- Drop-off, Pick-Up and Parent Parking: how and when to drop off and pick up your child.
Hillsmeade Primary School values and promotes strong partnerships between students, staff, parents and the community through parents working alongside staff, community events, fundraisers and working bees.