Hillsmeade Primary School is part of a network of local primary schools to provide high-ability students with an opportunity to meet, collaborate and tackle a project. It will require a growth mindset and calculated risks to grasp these challenges to achieve their best. Emphasis will be placed on higher-order thinking, problem-solving, communication, research, and time management skills. Your child will attend onsite and online masterclasses from May onwards, where support in the form of mentoring and visits from various industry professionals and experts will be provided. Teamwork will be critical within this program, with students also requiring full parental support in encouraging and facilitating further independent learning outside of traditional school hours.
Nominated student groups will choose a charity to support. Tasks may include but are not limited to:
- Contacting the charity and discussing needs.
- Planning support(s), fundraising and/or collections for their chosen charity
- Developing a proposal for school leaders and the wider school community
- Creating a budget
- Enacting Fundraising and/or collections and distribution of items for the charity
- The project will be a staged process with all schools simultaneously working on the same stage. These stages will be identified and planned by the HAPL CoP(High Ability Practice Leader Community of Practice – Casey Central Network)
- Videos and worked examples will scaffold and guide students through each project stage.
- Four masterclasses will be held in Semester One and Two, as well as team collaboration and participation in completing the project outside of these masterclasses using Google Classroom (Google Classroom – to help self-management and for learners to see what others are doing/how to tackle it and for group collaboration outside of school times)
Meet The Team
UNLEASH THE MAGIC OF BOOKS: FAIR FUTURES BOOK SHARING PROGRAM
Fair Futures wants to ignite the love for reading and unite us as a school community. This program will be called “The Fair Futures Book Sharing Program”!
Books are like windows to another world; we embark on incredible adventures, gain knowledge, and develop empathy through reading. Books can change lives, and we want to ensure everyone can access them. Our vision is simple but powerful: “Get all students on the same page!” We believe that every student deserves access to books and the opportunity to discover the magic within them.
Starting in Term 4, the Fair Futures Book Sharing Program will run three days a week during Breakfast Club. That’s Monday, Wednesday, and Friday! It’s the perfect way to kickstart your day with inspiration. Before that, we need your help to make this program a success. It’s as easy as dropping a book in the Book Bin at the school entrance or near our bookstall at Breakfast Club. Do you have an old favourite you’ve outgrown? Share it! Found a book that touched your heart? Donate it! Let’s spread the joy of reading together! When you donate a book, you’re not just giving away words on pages but sharing dreams and inspiring learning. The magic of giving is that it multiplies – the more you give, the more you inspire.
Let’s come together, Hillsmeade Primary School! Be a part of the magic by participating in the Fair Futures Book Sharing Program. Share, donate, and return books to make our school an encouraging place. We look forward to seeing everyone at our bookstall!