Physical Education at Hillsmeade Primary School
The Health and Physical Education program, in line with the Victorian Curriculum, provides opportunities for students to develop knowledge and skills in the following areas:
Health benefits of physical activity
- Develop the skills to make positive choices through regular physical activity.
Active play and minor games
- Develop balance, strength and conditioning in indoor and outdoor settings.
Fundamental movement skills
- The development of the fundamental movement skills which provides the foundation for competent and confident participation in a range of physical activities. These include:
- Locomotor and non-locomotor skills – rolling, balancing, sliding, jogging, running, leaping, jumping, hopping, dodging, galloping and skipping.
- Object control skills – bouncing, throwing, catching, kicking, striking.
Games and sports
- Understanding the concepts and strategies used in a variety of sports.
Lifelong physical activities
- How physical activity can enhance health-related fitness and wellbeing across a lifespan.
Rhythmic and expressive activities
- Focussing on movement in response to music and images.