One of the main reasons we chose to move to Compass is that it brings us inline with our local high schools (Alkira, Kambrya & Narre Warren P-12) who all use Compass for parent interactions. This means that parents and students will have a consistent experience when dealing with their school from Prep to Year 12.
What Can We Do With Compass?
Compass is very powerful, and we have only just begun to use its functionality. Here are just some of the things we can do now with Compass, or will be doing very shortly:
- Access your child’s Student Progress and Semester Reports — reports will no longer be printed
- Book your Parent/Student/Teacher conferences
- View the school’s calendar of events
- View up-to-date class and school attendance information
- Approve or enter upcoming or past absences for your children
- Provide permission and make payment for excursions, incursions and camps — permission slips will no longer be printed by default
- Receive notifications about activities related to your children, their classes and the whole school.
We’re excited to use Compass because it means we’re better able to communicate with parents and students.