To be able to practise balancing while holding an object.
- You will need:
– a small round object, for example: ping pong ball, a golf ball, a mini paper ball etc
– a straight line set up, for example you could use masking tape, string, or chalk.
If you don’t have access to a spoon you can use the palm of your hand to balance the object on.
- Hold the spoon with the object on it and balance along the straight line trying not drop the object.
Which object did you use to balance on your spoon?
To be able to practise object tapping using eye tracking skills.
- You will need an object to tap with, for example: a tennis ball, a sock ball or a paper ball.
- Tap the ball up and down with one hand.
- Aim for 5 taps in a row without dropping the object.
- Swap to the other hand and have a go another 5 times.
Challenge: Aim to make it to 10 taps in a row without dropping the object.
Did you get 5 taps in a row without dropping the object?
To be able to practise a fitness circuit.
Learning task via Microsoft forms: Fitness circuit
- You will be completing 3 fitness exercises today: lunges, push ups and skipping.
- You will do:
– 5 lunges
– 5 push ups on knees
– Skipping on the spot for 10 seconds
- Complete this circuit 2 times.
- Once you have finished the circuit, please follow this link to answer the questions a part of this learning task.
Complete the Microsoft Forms questions via this link: https://tinyurl.com/PMPPrepWeek8
What are some other exercises that can help with your fitness?
To be able to practise locomotion skills through dancing.
- Find a family member(s) to dance with (or you can dance by yourself).
- Before you start the game, practise the 3 actions that you will be freezing in today: A Rockstar, a ballerina and a monkey.
- Turn the music on.
- Start dancing and when the music stops, choose one of the 3 actions to freeze in, then on the next freeze choose a different action to freeze in.
- Keep playing the game for as long as you like.
Which action was your favourite?
To practise our letters through balancing.
- Look at each of the letter position pictures.
- Spell out your first name by using the letter position pictures.
*Challenge: once you have spelt out your first name, have a go at spelling your last name.
This week you will use a Microsoft Form to complete your reflection:
https://tinyurl.com/PMPPrepWeek6 How many letters did you use to spell your first name?
To be able to practise your foot-eye coordination skills.
Kicking into the basket
- You will need an object to kick with (paper ball, sock ball, soft ball, tennis ball etc)
- You will need a washing basket.
- Find a spot where you would like to stand and start your kicking.
- See how many socks/paper balls etc you can get into the basket.
How many objects did you get into the basket in a row?
To be able to practise your eye tracking skills
Knee Juggle Catch
- You will need an object to knee juggle with (paper ball, sock ball, soft ball, tennis ball etc)
- Use your knee to bounce the object up and then catch with your hands, swapping between each knee if you need to.
- Aim to make it to 5 bounces without dropping the object.
What was your highest number?
To be able to practise your balancing skills.
- Complete the 3 yoga poses provided (dog pose, warrior 2 pose and tree pose)
- Try and hold each pose for as long as you can.
- Repeat each position 2 times.
*Optional: You may like to put on some meditation/relaxation music while you do this. Here is a link if you would like to listen to this one:
What was your favourite yoga pose?
To be able to practice your fitness skills.
- Choose a leg to practise your hopping.
- Set a timer for 30 seconds.
- See how many times you can hop on one leg in 30 seconds.
How many times did you hop on one leg in 30 seconds?
Can you share what leg you hopped on? (right or left)
To be able to practise your locomotion skills.
- Set up two lines, a starting line and a finishing line
- Choose one of the 3 animal walks to complete (frog jump, duck walk and gorilla shuffle)
- Start at the starting line and do your chosen animal walk up and back from the finishing line
- Complete your chosen animal walk 10 times
Which animal walk did you choose and why?