To be able to perform locomotion skills.
- Set up two lines, a starting line and a finishing line.
- Choose 2 of the 3 animal walks to complete (frog jump, duck walk and gorilla shuffle).
- Start at the starting line and do your chosen animal walks up and back from the finishing line.
- Complete your first chosen animal walk 5 times and then your second chosen animal walk 5 times.
Optional: You may like to do some animal walk races with a family member.
Can you think of any other types of animal walks? (kangaroo jump, crab walk etc)
To be able to perform fitness skills.
- Choose a leg to practise your hopping.
- Set a timer for 1 minute.
- See how many times you can hop on one leg in 1 minute.
- Swap to the other leg and hop for another 1 minute.
How many times did you hop on your right leg? How many times did you hop on your left leg?
To be able to perform balancing skills.
- Complete the 3 yoga poses provided (dog pose, warrior 2 pose and tree pose)
- Try and hold each pose for as long as you can.
- Repeat each position 3 times
*Optional: You may like to put on some meditation/relaxation music while you do this. Here is a link if you would like to listen to this one:
Which pose was the hardest to do and why?
To be able to perform eye tracking skills.
Knee Juggle Catch
- You will need a round object to knee juggle with (paper ball, sock ball, soft ball, tennis ball etc)
- Use your knee to bounce the object up and then catch with your hands, swapping between each knee if you need to.
- Aim to make it to 10 juggles without dropping the object.
*Optional: If available, you may like to choose another round object to see if the juggling makes it easier or harder.
What was easier, using your right knee or your left knee?