To be able to perform balancing while holding an object.
- You will need
– a spoon
– a small round object, for example: ping pong ball, a golf ball, a mini paper ball etc.
– a straight line and a zig zag line set up, for example you could use masking tape, string, or chalk.
If you don’t have access to a spoon you can use the palm of your hand to balance the object on.
- Hold the spoon with the object on it and balance along the straight line trying not drop the object.
- Now balance along the zig zag line trying not to drop the object.
Which was harder, balancing along the straight line or the zig zag line?
To be able to perform object tapping using eye tracking skills.
- You will need an object to tap with, for example: a tennis ball, a sock ball or a paper ball.
- Tap the ball up and down with one hand.
- Aim for 10 taps in a row without dropping the object.
- Swap to the other hand and have a go another 10 times.
Challenge: Aim to make it to 15 taps in a row without dropping the object.
What do you think makes a good object to tap with?
To be able to perform a fitness circuit.
- You will be completing 3 fitness exercises today, 2 have been provided for you: lunges and push ups
- You will need to choose a third exercise, for example: skipping on the spot, squats etc.
- You will do:
– 10 lunges
– 10 push ups on knees
– 10 of your chosen exercise
- Complete this circuit 3 times.
- Once you have finished the circuit, please follow this link to answer the questions as a part of this learning task.
Complete the Microsoft Forms questions via this link: https://tinyurl.com/PMPGrade1Week8
What exercise did you choose today?
To be able to perform locomotion skills through dancing.
- Find a family member(s) to dance with (or you can dance by yourself)
- Before you start the game, practice the 2 actions that have been provided for you today: A Rockstar and a ballerina.
- Choose one other action you might like to freeze in, for example, an animal of some sort
- A Rockstar, a ballerina and your chosen action is what you are freezing in today when the music stops.
- Turn the music on.
- Start dancing and when the music stops, choose one of the 3 actions to freeze in, then on the next freeze choose a different action to freeze in.
- Keep playing the game for as long as you like.
Which was your chosen action?
To perform balancing skills by using alphabet positions.
- Look at each of the letter position pictures.
- Spell out your first name and your last name by using the letter position pictures.
*Challenge: Once you have spelt out your first name and last name, have a go at spelling your middle name (if you do not have a middle name, choose a family member’s name).
This week, click on the Microsoft Form to complete your reflection:
https://tinyurl.com/PMPGrade1Week6 List 3 letters that you found the hardest to make.
To be able to perform foot-eye coordination skills.
Kicking into the basket
- You will need an object to kick with (paper ball, sock ball, soft ball, tennis ball etc)
- You will need a washing basket.
- Find a spot where you would like to stand and start your kicking.
- See how many socks/paper balls etc you can get into the basket.
- Challenge yourself by standing further back than your first spot and do the activity again.
How many did you get in on your first go? How many did you get in on your second go?
To be able to perform eye tracking skills.
Knee Juggle Catch
- You will need a round object to knee juggle with (paper ball, sock ball, soft ball, tennis ball etc)
- Use your knee to bounce the object up and then catch with your hands, swapping between each knee if you need to.
- Aim to make it to 10 juggles without dropping the object.
*Optional: If available, you may like to choose another round object to see if the juggling makes it easier or harder.
What was easier, using your right knee or your left knee?
To be able to perform balancing skills.
- Complete the 3 yoga poses provided (dog pose, warrior 2 pose and tree pose)
- Try and hold each pose for as long as you can.
- Repeat each position 3 times
*Optional: You may like to put on some meditation/relaxation music while you do this. Here is a link if you would like to listen to this one:
Which pose was the hardest to do and why?
To be able to perform fitness skills.
- Choose a leg to practise your hopping.
- Set a timer for 1 minute.
- See how many times you can hop on one leg in 1 minute.
- Swap to the other leg and hop for another 1 minute.
How many times did you hop on your right leg? How many times did you hop on your left leg?
To be able to perform locomotion skills.
- Set up two lines, a starting line and a finishing line.
- Choose 2 of the 3 animal walks to complete (frog jump, duck walk and gorilla shuffle).
- Start at the starting line and do your chosen animal walks up and back from the finishing line.
- Complete your first chosen animal walk 5 times and then your second chosen animal walk 5 times.
Optional: You may like to do some animal walk races with a family member.
Can you think of any other types of animal walks? (kangaroo jump, crab walk etc)