Overview | Junior Choir | Progressive Choir | Victorian State Schools Spectacular 2017
All students at Hillsmeade Primary School share the experience of learning in the Performing Arts through a diverse, inclusive and comprehensive Music program, with additional opportunities provided to participate in choirs, productions, the Victorian State Schools Spectacular and Private Instrumental Music lessons. All students in Prep-Year 6 receive one semester of Music instruction alternating with Visual Arts the following semester.
Through the music program we aim to:
- engage students with positive learning experiences that foster a lifelong love of music, dance and drama
- facilitate resilient, independent learners who can work effectively with others in a range of contexts
- develop confident and creative individuals
- gain an understanding and respect for music and music practices across global and local communities and cultures.
Students have the opportunity ‘to develop their creative and expressive capacities by learning about the different practices, disciplines and traditions that have shaped the expression of culture locally, nationally and globally.’
(Source – Department of Education and Early Childhood Development – The Victorian Curriculum 2015)
The Music curriculum has four defined areas:
- Explore and Express ideas
- Music Practices
- Present and Perform
- Respond and Interpret