Drama is the expression and exploration of personal, cultural and social worlds through role and situation that engages, entertains and challenges. Through Performing Arts, students create meaning as drama makers, performers and audiences as they enjoy and analyse their own and others’ stories and points of view. Like all art forms, drama has the capacity to engage, inspire and enrich all students, excite the imagination and encourage students to reach their creative and expressive potential.
Performing Arts at Hillsmeade Primary School
In line with the Victorian Drama Curriculum, Performing Arts provides opportunities for students to:
- Develop confidence, imagination, creativity, communication, self-esteem, teamwork, curiosity, independence, resilience and risk taking.
- Participate in activities including puppets, drama games, role plays and improvisation skills, use of body, facial expressions, voice and movement.
- Develop characters, rehearse and perform scripted plays, view drama as an audience member and perform drama to an audience.
- Develop knowledge and understanding of the elements of drama and theatre terminology.
- Develop understandings about drama from different cultures.
- Participate in a bi-annual musical production showcased by Years 4 – 6, performing at Bunjil Place Theatre in Narre Warren.