To be able to perform object tapping using eye tracking skills.
- You will need an object to tap with, for example: a tennis ball, a sock ball or a paper ball.
- Tap the ball up and down with one hand.
- Aim for 15 taps in a row without dropping the object.
- Swap to the other hand and have a go another 15 times.
Challenge: Aim to make it to 20 taps in a row without dropping the object.
Which hand was harder, your right or your left hand?
To be able to perform a fitness circuit.
- You will be completing 3 fitness exercises; you will need to choose 3 of your own.
- Some ideas might be lunges, push ups or skipping.
- You will do each of your chosen exercises 15 times.
- Complete this circuit 3 times.
- Once you have finished the circuit, please follow this link to answer the questions as a part of this learning task.
Complete the Microsoft Forms questions via this link: https://tinyurl.com/PMPGrade2Week8
How did you choose your 3 exercises?
To be able to perform locomotion skills through dancing.
- Find a family member(s) to dance with (or you can dance by yourself)
- Before you start the game, you will need to choose 3 actions to freeze in.
- Some ideas could be an animal of some sort, a character, or a Rockstar.
- Your 3 chosen actions are what you are freezing in today when the music stops.
- Turn the music on.
- Start dancing and when the music stops, choose one of the 3 actions to freeze in, then on the next freeze choose a different action to freeze in.
- Keep playing the game for as long as you like.
What were your 3 chosen actions?
To perform balancing skills by using alphabet positions.
- Look at each of the letter position pictures.
- Spell out your first name, your middle name and your last name by using the letter position pictures.
Note: If you do not have a middle name, choose a family member’s name.
*Challenge: Once you have spelt out your first name, your middle name and last name, have a go at spelling out a family member’s name. (if you did this previously because you don’t have a middle name, choose another family member’s name)
This week you will use a Microsoft Form to complete your reflection:
https://tinyurl.com/PMPGrade2Week6 How many letters in your name altogether? First name + middle name + last name =
To be able to perform your foot-eye coordination skills.
Kicking into the basket
- You will need an object to kick with (paper ball, sock ball, soft ball, tennis ball etc)
- You will need a washing basket.
- Find a spot where you would like to stand and start your kicking.
- Round 1: See how many socks/paper balls etc you can get into the basket.
- Round 2: Stand further back than your first spot and do the activity again.
- Round 3: Challenge yourself and stand even further back from your second spot and do the activity again.
What round did you get the highest number in?
To be able to perform your eye tracking skills.
Knee Juggle Catch
- You will need a round object to knee juggle with (paper ball, sock ball, soft ball, tennis ball etc)
- Use your knee to bounce the object up and then catch with your hands, swapping between each knee if you need to.
- Aim to make it to 15 juggles without dropping the object
- *Optional: If available, you may like to choose another round object to see if the juggling makes it easier or harder.
Was one knee better than the other?
To be able to perform your balancing skills.
- Complete the 3 yoga poses provided (dog pose, warrior 2 pose and tree pose)
- Try and hold each pose for as long as you can.
- Repeat each position 4 times.
*You may like to put on some meditation/relaxation music while you do this. Here is a link if you would like to listen to this one:
Which pose did you hold the longest?
To be able to perform your fitness skills.
- Choose a leg to practise your hopping.
- Set a timer for 2 minutes.
- See how many times you can hop on one leg in 2 minutes.
- Swap to the other leg and hop for another 2 minutes.
Which leg did you find more challenging to hop on, right or left? Why do you think this?
To be able to practise your locomotion skills.
Set up two lines, a starting line and a finishing line.
- Complete all 3 of the animal walks (frog jump, duck walk and gorilla shuffle)
- Start at the starting line and do the 3 animal walks up and back from the finishing line.
- Complete the frog jump 5 times, duck walk 5 times and the gorilla shuffle 5 times.
Optional: You may like to do some animal walk races with a family member.
Which animal walk did you enjoy the most and which one did you find most challenging?