To draw a picture of the Performing Arts.
- Draw a picture of something you enjoy that is related to the Performing Arts.
- It could be an activity you actually do outside school or in your spare time.
- You could draw yourself dancing, singing, acting, using dress ups, performing on stage in a concert, using puppets or making plays.
Write a sentence to explain what you are doing in your drawing. If you would like to share with Miss McKelvie send your drawing and sentence to firstname.lastname@example.org. 🙂
To create a character puppet.
- To create your puppet you can make it out of a paper plate, paper bag, pieces of material or even socks.
- Decorate your puppet by adding features including eyes, ears and a mouth.
- Think about your puppet’s voice and how they might sound. Does your puppet have a loud or soft voice? Does your puppet speak or just make sounds?
- Give your puppet a name.
- Spend time playing with your puppet by holding it and moving it around as well as using your voice.
Share your character puppet with a member of your family.
To create and act out a short puppet play.
- You can use puppets, Lego or toys at home as the characters to create the play.
- Ideas for you play could be – friendship, a birthday party, playing on the playground, going to the zoo.
- Rehearse your play and character voices ready for your performance.
- You could set up a stage area in your house to perform in. Using a cardboard box is a great way to make a stage area.
- You could ask your family to be the audience while you perform.
Talk to your family about each character you created for your play.
To present a costume parade.
- Have a costume parade.
- You could have a theme like a favourite colour, favourite outfits, story book characters, fairy tale characters.
- You can use clothes you have at home or any costumes you already have.
- Organise a parade walkway to present your costumes.
- You could organise music to play in the background.
- You could ask your family to be the guests at the parade.
Draw a picture and write a sentence about your favourite costume from the parade.