|Year 1 Physical Education Lessons||Year 2 Physical Education Lessons||Year 3 Physical Education Lessons||Year 4 Physical Education Lessons||Year 5 Physical Education Lessons||Year 6 Physical Education Lessons|
The Health and Physical Education program, in line with the Victorian Curriculum, provides opportunities for students to develop knowledge and skills in the following areas:
Health benefits of physical activity
- Develop the skills to make positive choices through regular physical activity.
Active play and minor games
- Develop balance, strength and conditioning in indoor and outdoor settings.
Fundamental movement skills
- The development of the fundamental movement skills which provides the foundation for competent and confident participation in a range of physical activities. These include:
- Locomotor and non-locomotor skills – rolling, balancing, sliding, jogging, running, leaping, jumping, hopping, dodging, galloping and skipping.
- Object control skills – bouncing, throwing, catching, kicking, striking.
Games and sports
- Understanding the concepts and strategies used in a variety of sports.
Lifelong physical activities
- How physical activity can enhance health-related fitness and wellbeing across a lifespan.
Rhythmic and expressive activities
- Focussing on movement in response to music and images.